Highlighting The Possible Benefits of Using CBD Oil
There is a naturally occurring alternative remedy called CBD oil that is increasingly being introduced into mainstream use and is the subject of an increasing number of scientific studies. These investigations are finding there are significant health benefits for the sufferers of a wide range of mental health disorders and chronic pain-related illnesses. It is available in the form of many different products, and its use is on a fairly meteoric rise. We’ll investigate what this product is, its various guises and who can gain some relief from using it.
What Is CBD Oil?
CBD, or to give its proper name, Cannabidiol, is one of over a hundred naturally occurring compounds in the Cannabis plant, but CBD oil contains either very little or none at all of the psychoactive elements found in the plant, so it won’t make you high. Once extracted from the host plant, it is combined with a plant oil such as palm oil to form the finished product; from there, it’s manufactured into a wealth of different products, which include oral tinctures and CBD vape liquids.
The Varied Guises of CBD Oil
CBD oil is now being manufactured into many different products; they fall into these main categories, oils and tinctures, edibles, capsules, topicals and vape liquids. CBD oil is most easily absorbed by direct contact with the skin, such as droplets under the tongue; products swallowed take longer as they are first dissolved by stomach acid before being absorbed. Let’s take a further look at the different products –
- CBD oils & tinctures – taken by placing under the tongue, fast acting.
- Edibles – gummies, sweets, or other flavoured products.
- Capsules – taken orally as pills or soft gels.
- Topicals – many creams, lotions and oil are applied to the skin.
- Vape liquids – CBD infused liquids are inhaled with a vape device.
CBD Oil Types
There are various types of CBD oil in use today; they have different formulas and contain different combinations of the compounds and concentrations; the three main types are as follows –
- Full Spectrum – this includes all parts of the Cannabis plant but must contain less than 0.3% of the psychoactive compound THC to be legal for sale.
- Broad Spectrum – this type contains all the compounds of the host plant except THC.
- Isolate – this form is pure CBD with no other parts of the Cannabis plant.
Case studies are continuing, but currently, no one form of CBD has been found to be more potent than the others; having chosen to use CBD oil, experimentation with the different types and their effects is advised.
Who Can Find Relief?
As the amount of available scientific data regarding CBD oil increases, so does the range of illnesses affected; sufferers of many illnesses may find relief in using CBD. These now include the following –
- CBD oil may relieve chronic pain for illnesses such as arthritis and Multiple Sclerosis.
- Affects the symptoms of many mental health disorders, from anxiety and insomnia to PTSD and depression.
- It may alleviate cancer-treated related problems like nausea, vomiting and pain.
- CBD oil might benefit heart health, lower blood pressure and increase arterial function.
- It has the ability to treat neurological disorders such as epilepsy and Multiple Sclerosis.
This is by no means a complete list; please take some time to further investigate the medical benefits of using CBD oil if you or a loved one has an illness that might benefit and find some relief.